Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily
    • Home
    • Advertise
    • About us
    • Meet the Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    23 Aug 2026
    • Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily
    • Local News
    • State News
    • Politics
    • Coronavirus
    • Sports
    • Community
    • About us
    • Privacy Policy
    Minot woman charged with deliberately setting room at Economy Hotel on fire
    Crime News

    Minot woman charged with deliberately setting room at Economy Hotel on fire

    Ally Dillinger, 6 years ago
    MINOT, N.D. – Renee Johnson Delorme, 44, Minot, is accused of deliberately setting a room at the Economy Hotel, located at 225 22nd Avenue NW, on fire at 10:40 p.m. Saturday.

    One hotel employee was treated for smoke inhalation after entering the room and trying to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher, according to the City of Minot, and the Minot Fire Department put out the fire.

    Delorme is charged in district court in Minot with Class C felony endangering by fire. She made an initial appearance in court on Monday, where Judge Gary Lee set bond at $5,000 cash or corporate surety and a preliminary hearing date for March 25.

    Delorme complained to the judge that she had not been allowed to contact someone to bond her out or make a call to a lawyer. She said she wants to apply for a public defender but did not have her glasses with her and could not see to fill out the form. Lee told her those were matters to take up with the jail and with her lawyer when she gets one. Delorme said she has not been in serious trouble before.

    According to the probable cause affidavit filed with the court, the fire inspector found an extra small female shirt and a paper towel wrapped around a cord that was plugged into the wall in Room 232. It was believed to be the cause of the fire. Room 234 was also damaged by the fire.

    Delorme told police that a man had been inside the room when she left. She said the man had been yelling at her and that the fire alarm was going off by the time she made it to the stairway. She mumbled something about running away from the room and said she was scared of the man. However, Delorme pulled the fire alarm before she left the building, showing that she knew there was a fire in the room. Delorme was the only person who had been seen entering or exiting Room 232 prior to the door being entered by a hotel employee to put out the fire.

    Coronavirus

    Reminder: donating blood is still safe, and needed at this time

    Politics

    Minot City Council votes to approve $140K settlement with former city manager

    Related posts

    Crime News

    Subject taken into custody without incident in NW Minot after SWAT Team called in

    Ally Dillinger, 5 years ago
    Crime News

    Minot Police Department searching for missing woman

    Ally Dillinger, 6 years ago
    Crime News

    6-year-old dies after his father’s wife compIained to the man about the chiId’s behavior before the parent, who cIaimed the injuries were seIf-infIicted, forcefuIIy sIammed the boy to the bedroom fIoor: police

    Troy McAllister, 1 year ago
    Crime News

    Mom who told police ‘the stress of caring for chiIdren had become overwheIming and wanted everything to stop’ after admitting to sufocating her 2-year-old, later cIaiming she made that decision right after deIivering the chiId, is charged

    Troy McAllister, 9 months ago
    Crime News

    Man who told poIice he became tired of hearing his parent verbaIIy scoIding him for his Iife choices and for not amounting to anything before he cIimbed on top of her and used a piIIow to kiII the eIderIy woman at her home, is charged

    Harry Tucker, 8 months ago
    Crime News

    ChiId ‘had zero chance of surviving’ after his mother and her husband worked in tandem to deIiberately deny him food, beat, and eventually kiII the 8-year-old chiId while they had the best of everything: DA

    Troy McAllister, 1 year ago

    Follow us on Google News

    Follow us on Flipboard

    Trending Slider

    North Dakota Gov. Armstrong announces new leader for North Dakota’s largest agency, set to take over Aug. 29
    1 week ago
    North Dakota lifts TikTok ban on state-owned devices imposed over national security concerns, Gov. Armstrong says app is now majority-owned by an American-led consortium
    1 week ago
    North Dakota Sen. Cramer honors oldest “Rosie the Riveter” after delivering her handmade quilts to Trump and Vance and returning with a personal gift
    1 week ago
    Tyler Parkway construction reaches major milestone as Bismarck officials provide new update
    1 week ago
    Sen. Cramer backs bill to close loophole that allows illegal immigrants to be released when their countries refuse to take them back, says they should remain in custody until deported
    2 weeks ago
    Bismarck reopens all Main Ave lanes after downtown road construction ahead of schedule
    2 weeks ago

    Follow us on News Break

    Categories

    • Bismarck (1)
    • Community (595)
    • Coronavirus (232)
    • Crime News (336)
    • Local News (699)
    • News (15)
    • Politics (260)
    • Sports (215)
    • State News (560)
    • Trending (335)
    • Uncategorized (1)
    • Login
    • Register

    Forgot Password

    Registration is closed.