Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily
    • Home
    • Advertise
    • About us
    • Meet the Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    19 Feb 2026
    • Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily
    • Local News
    • State News
    • Politics
    • Crime News
    • Coronavirus
    • Sports
    • Community
    • About us
    • Privacy Policy
    Rodgers charged with murder in teen’s drug overdose death
    Crime News

    Rodgers charged with murder in teen’s drug overdose death

    Ally Dillinger, 5 years ago
    MINOT, N.D. – Police did not release the name of the girl who died and court records in the case have been sealed but, according to statements made in court by Ward County Assistant State’s Attorney Tiffany Sorgen on Monday, Rodgers allegedly rented the room for the girl. He is also accused of injecting her with the drug himself. Sorgen told Judge Stacy Louser that Rodgers has allegedly been associated with several overdose deaths across North Dakota.

    Capt Dale Plessas of the Minot Police Department said Monday he could not comment on the specifics of the investigation or identify the drug on which the girl overdosed.

    Plessas said last week there have been 16 drug overdose deaths in the Minot area this year, more than five times the three overdose deaths reported in Minot in 2019. There have been a total of 90 overdose incidents in Minot this year, almost three times the 31 drug overdoses last year. Plessas said last week that fentanyl is the major contributing factor in many of the overdose incidents. Fentanyl is reportedly at least 50 times more potent than heroin and is more lethal. In some cases in Minot, both the people who used the drug and those who who dealt the drug believed they were dealing heroin or oxycodone rather than fentanyl because of the way the pills were marked.

    Rodgers is also charged with Class C felony tampering with physical evidence, Class C felony maintaining a premises for the use of illegal drugs, Class C felony corruption of a minor, and Class A misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

    During his initial appearance before Louser on Monday, Rodgers said the incident is a “misunderstanding” that he is “going to fix.” He denied having anything to do with overdose deaths elsewhere. Rodgers said he isn’t the bad guy that the prosecution is trying to make him out to be and “I’m just a drug addict who lives on the streets.” He said he had just made arrangements to attend a treatment facility in Bismarck.

    Rodgers has an extensive history of drug-related convictions. Rodgers is currently on supervised probation for intent to deliver heroin at a hotel in Minot last year. He was also ordered last year to serve about 18 months for the Class B felony charge. In 2016 he pleaded guilty to felony child neglect after he and a woman allowed a toddler to be present in a room at another hotel during a drug buy in June 2015 that Rodgers had set up. Rodgers also pleaded guilty to intent to deliver oxycodone for that offense.

    Judge Louser set bond at $1 million cash or corporate surety and ordered Rodgers to undergo regular drug testing if he is released on bond. A preliminary hearing in the case is scheduled for March 4 before Louser.

    Coronavirus

    How Minot became the COVID-19 capital of North Dakota

    Politics

    Bill eliminating seat belt requirement fails in North Dakota House

    Related posts

    Crime News

    Man who told poIice he became tired of hearing his parent verbaIIy scoIding him for his Iife choices and for not amounting to anything before he cIimbed on top of her and used a piIIow to kiII the eIderIy woman at her home, is charged

    Harry Tucker, 2 months ago
    Crime News

    Robbery at gunpoint in Minot

    Ally Dillinger, 5 years ago
    Crime News

    Minot man injured in motorcycle crash

    Ally Dillinger, 5 years ago
    Crime News

    Five-year mark of the killing of Angila Wilder in Minot

    Ally Dillinger, 6 years ago
    Crime News

    Dad entertained multipIe men at his home while the bodies of his chiIdren decomposed in his vehicIe after kiIIing them by ‘discipIining’ his 5-year-old, taping the mouth of his 9-year-old when she spoke about her sibIing’s death and starving the others to death: DA

    Troy McAllister, 4 weeks ago
    Community, Crime News

    Stepmother starved and tortured 4-year-old stepson to death, the boy was seen shaking uncontrollably whiIe begging for bread and water; sentenced

    Ally Dillinger, 2 years ago

    Follow us on Google News

    Follow us on Flipboard

    Trending Slider

    North Dakota Highway Patrol cites driver for excessive speeding on Highway 83
    1 day ago
    Citizen Academy students visit city and county departments to learn about community planning
    1 day ago
    Bismarck residents invited to provide input on 2026 sidewalk gaps project
    1 day ago
    Vehicle collides with train in Richland County, driver uninjured
    1 week ago
    Bismarck fire department responds to early morning structure fire at 400 West Avenue C, no injuries reported
    1 week ago
    Bismarck Citizen Academy visits airport to learn about operations
    1 week ago

    Follow us on News Break

    Categories

    • Bismarck (1)
    • Community (595)
    • Coronavirus (232)
    • Crime News (336)
    • Local News (638)
    • News (15)
    • Politics (260)
    • Sports (215)
    • State News (509)
    • Trending (335)
    • Uncategorized (1)
    • Login
    • Register

    Forgot Password

    Registration is closed.