Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily
    • Home
    • Advertise
    • About us
    • Meet the Team
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    24 May 2026
    • Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily Bismarck Daily
    • Local News
    • State News
    • Politics
    • Coronavirus
    • Sports
    • Community
    • About us
    • Privacy Policy
    Kole Johnson, Minot, charged with aggravated assault
    Crime News

    Kole Johnson, Minot, charged with aggravated assault

    Ally Dillinger, 5 years ago
    NIBOT, N.D. – Kole Clayton Johnson, 23, Minot, is accused of putting a woman in a chokehold and causing her to briefly lose consciousness on Oct. 24 at the Sports on Tap bar. He is charged in district court in Minot with Class C felony aggravated assault.

    According to the probable cause affidavit filed with the court, Johnson came up behind the woman and put her in a chokehold. She told him to stop and he did. A short time later he came up behind her again and put her in a chokehold and this time he did not stop even though both the woman and her friend told him to stop. She remembered knocking over some bar stools when she fell and believes she briefly passed out. She then regained consciousness. Surveillance video at the bar confirmed the woman’s story and showed Johnson talking to the woman and putting his right arm around her shoulder. The woman tried to pull away to go back to her friend and Johnson pulled her physically back toward him and transitioned into what the affidavit called a “rear naked choke hold.” Johnson appears to have poor balance on the video and stumbles as he walks backward. The woman is seen pulling at Johnson’s arm with her left hand. Both of them fall backward toward the bar and would have fallen to the floor if a man sitting behind them had not been there to break their fall.

    The woman told police that she had been talking with Johnson, an acquaintance, right before he grabbed her and just remembered asking him what he was doing. Johnson told police he was intoxicated that night and didn’t remember much of what he had been doing. Neither the alleged victim nor Johnson spoke about any motivation for the incident.

    Johnson made an initial appearance on the charge on Thursday before Judge Richard Hagar. A preliminary hearing in the case is scheduled for June 10.

    Community

    Minot church youth group raising money through Easter egg event

    Local News

    Please Don’t Give Cops Military Medals

    Related posts

    Crime News

    Police respond to shooting in northwest Minot Saturday morning

    Ally Dillinger, 6 years ago
    Crime News

    Local resident has been charged with attempted murder for attempting to strangle the victim

    Ally Dillinger, 5 years ago
    Crime News

    Fargo man on high-alert after home hit twice by intruders, warning neighbors

    Ally Dillinger, 5 years ago
    Crime News

    Fargo police: Man arrested in connection to 35th Avenue South shooting

    Ally Dillinger, 4 years ago
    Crime News

    Hearing on whether to include testimony in Minot murder case

    Ally Dillinger, 6 years ago
    Crime News

    Vehicle fire backs up traffic on I-29 north of Fargo

    Ally Dillinger, 5 years ago

    Follow us on Google News

    Follow us on Flipboard

    Trending Slider

    North Dakota Highway Patrol investigates after vehicle crashes into school bus, driver arrested for driving under the influence amid alleged distraction by cellular device
    1 day ago
    Gov. Kelly Armstrong issues statement after federal officials decide future of Dakota Access Pipeline, says its continued operation would support affordable energy prices and national energy security
    1 day ago
    Officers and staff honored during Bismarck Police Department 2025 annual employee awards ceremony
    1 day ago
    Gov. Kelly Armstrong chosen to lead influential multi-state commission starting in 2027 after Oklahoma City vote
    1 day ago
    Bismarck Police Department swears in five new recruits during ceremony
    1 day ago
    North Dakota Highway Patrol discourages trailers and high-profile vehicles during strong winds after crash survivor survives, troopers say the occupant was saved by their seat belt
    1 week ago

    Follow us on News Break

    Categories

    • Bismarck (1)
    • Community (595)
    • Coronavirus (232)
    • Crime News (336)
    • Local News (674)
    • News (15)
    • Politics (260)
    • Sports (215)
    • State News (534)
    • Trending (335)
    • Uncategorized (1)
    • Login
    • Register

    Forgot Password

    Registration is closed.